Expert mental health guidance that could change your life
If you or a loved one is facing depression, anxiety, or a related condition and feel like your current treatment plan isn’t working or your condition isn’t improving, Best Doctors can help.
Our Mental Health Navigator service is provided at no cost to you and can help you in two ways:
Provide a thorough review of an existing mental health condition and treatment plan with recommendations for improvement and ongoing support
Give guidance on how to navigate the mental health system with advice on treatment options for your best path forward
of Australians with mental illness do not access treatment1
1 in 8
general practitioner visits are mental health related2
of mental health conditions are managed by general practitioners prescribing medication2
change in treatment with Mental Health Navigator service3
Mental Health Navigator is:
- Confidential and secure
- Completed virtually so you never have to leave the comfort of your home
- Provided at no cost through your employer
When should you use this service?
- If you’re not feeling like yourself, haven’t received a diagnosis, and need support
- If your condition isn’t improving
- If you are unsure your diagnosis or treatment plan is correct
- If you need clarity and assurance on your next step
- If your current mental health diagnosis or treatment hasn’t been effective
How Mental Health Navigator works:
Thorough, simple, and completed virtually
Start a case
We talk with you by phone or through videoconferencing to further understand your condition. That way you don’t have to travel and can receive guidance from the comfort of your home.
We gather your medical history and complete a clinical summary for the expert team assigned to you.
Your assigned expert team, consisting of a world-renowned psychiatrist and psychologist, reviews your case and provides recommendations. We can go over your review by phone, if needed.
Report & support
We deliver a customized, detailed report with recommendations on your best health path forward. You also receive ongoing support to help you navigate the mental healthcare system.
The results using Best Doctors are substantial:
1 Black Dog Institute
2 Australian Institute of Health and Welfare: Mental health services in Australia. BEACH survey of general practice activity
3 Australian Bureau of Statistics. (2009). National Survey of Mental Health and Wellbeing: Summary of results, 4326.0, 2007. ABS: Canberra
* Source: Best Doctors Mental Health Navigator case results AUS, updated September 2019